Research, Development and Innovation (IDi)
The development and use of innovative technologies in carrying out the works brings added value to the company in today's highly competitive and international market.
The participation of RRC in these projects, either individually or in collaboration with the other companies of the Group, or with other companies in the sector, often with associated technology-based SMEs, allows the realization of projects both in horizontal cooperation and in a chain of value. Universities and Technological Centers are also part of this collaboration.
FCC Construccion maintains an updated RDI policy, with the aim of guiding its efforts in the field of innovation and with an innovation policy in coordination with the other business areas of the FCC Group.
The activity in RDI aims to be an agent in the most important advances in the construction sector in terms of technological innovation in materials, equipment and processes, actively participating in initiatives aimed at the main lines of action defined in the company:
- Railway, urban and intercity infrastructure, including aspects related to energy and systems.
- Underground construction
- maritime construction
- New materials and development of existing ones
- Energy efficiency and sustainability in construction
- Integration of information and communication technologies in infrastructure and intelligent buildings
- Intelligent transport and multimodality networks
- Prevention of occupational hazards
- Sustainability and prevention of climate change
- Processes management
- BIM - Building Information Modeling
The company obtained the certification of the RDI Management System in 2007 and is currently in the process of adapting to the UNE 166002:2014 standard.