Factors such as economic globalisation, which has increased the flow of goods; greater demand for higher quality services to cut delivery times and costs; or intermodal requirements to expand transport options are shaping the design of ports. As a result, significant changes need to be made to these infrastructures in order to respond to new market demands.
Climate change and the increased severity of the effects of winter have also led to more reconditioning and protection works in coastal areas.
RRC has dominated this sector through the implementation of benchmark works in a national context.
- Industrial outfall of the Porto Refinery, Leça da Palmeira
- Marine extraction at Matosinhos
- Aveiro outfall
- Xabregas container terminal
- Autonomous regions container terminal, Santa Apolónia
- Tavira River dredging project