Coastal protection of Porto Novo beach
RRC has begun the works for coastal reinforcement and protection at Playa de Porto Novo, under a contract awarded by Torres Vedras town council.
This contract, which is worth €491,373, has a completion time of 147 days. It includes the following works and supplies:
- General earthworks (excavation and earth platforms)
- Compacting earth platforms
- Retaining walls and other plain- and reinforced-concrete works
- Wall linings
- Green areas
- Drainage and storm-drain system
- Cliff stabilisation
- Site assembly and dismantling
Given the characteristics of this contract, it requires special care to be taken in terms of safety and taking into consideration the local population and visitors to the area.